Category : Finance & Accounting
Location/City : CA - Los Angeles
Id : 38045
We are on the hunt for our next Accounting Manager This person will be a valuable and visible contributor to our Accounting Department, overseeing transactional activity into the General Ledger, month end accounting closes, payroll, and perform account maintenance for the Balance sheet. You must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines as well as maintaining excellent customer services satisfaction.
Can we "count" on you? Keep reading…It'll Take More Than Fetching Coffee to Land this Gig
Because Life is Just Better with a Bulleted ListJob Duties & Responsibilities
Do not pass go, do not collect $200: If you are not a self-starter that can consistently meet deadlines.
Why you want this job: You've got a nagging itch to process and crunch numbers that no amount Sudoku just can scratch.
Our office softball team name: The Bottom Line.
The buck stops with you: Making sure the numbers look right and the employees are happy.
Song to memorize: "Take the Money and Run" by Steve Miller Band.
Skills & Requirements
- Prepares reconciliations for the Balance sheet
- Reviews reconciliations of all Balance accounts
- Manages the month end accounting close
- Oversees General Ledger accuracy
- Analyzes and researches expense variances
- Trains, mentors, and develops staff
- Computation of required reserves
- Profit share calculations
- Provides significant assistance with the annual audit
- Assists CFO, Controller, and Director of Finance
- Assists with management of A/R and A/P
- Assists with improving internal controls
- Assists with documenting procedures
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of full time accounting experience required
- Must be detail oriented and have superior follow through skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Proficient in and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with standard cost accounting is preferred
Senior Accountant, accounting, business, transaction, Excel, General Ledger, account maintenance, balance sheets, financial statements