Application Analyst Sr. – Epic Beacon
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : IL - Chicago
Id : 42721
Are you ready to cultivate your passion for providing care in our community? We are looking for top talent to join our organization and reach their fullest potential.
We are seeking Application Analyst. In this position, you'll provide application implantation support, technical guidance, and serve as primary resolution point for all issues regarding assigned applications. You'll need to have extensive understanding of the Epic Beacon application. The right candidate will ensure and implement changes using documented procedures that are compliant with department's policies and procedures. You'll need to be able to collaborate with data quality, informatics, education and end-user support. Take ownership of low to medium complexity issues, projects and act as a liaison between customer and other support staff to facilitate a resolution. Epic Beacon Certification is required.
Are you ready to join this fast-growing team? Job Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Requirements
- Provides application implementation support, technical guidance, and serves as primary resolution point for all issues regarding assigned applications
- Works with complex workflows and workgroups, demonstrating knowledge of integrated workflows, applications, and problem analysis to provide system solutions for organizational needs
- Provides data transfer, access and manipulation of aggregate and comparative data
- Aids with system selection, system maintenance/upgrade and implementation, including system definition, build, testing and conversion planning and interfaces
- Develops and monitors testing scenarios and methodologies to demonstrate system effectiveness. Prepares and maintains documentation on testing plans.
- Participates in completion of user documentation and training procedures.
- Evaluates system utilization and performance.
- Participates in system optimization.
- Guides and advises less-experienced application analysts.
- Adheres to HIPAA regulations for transactions, security and confidentiality.
- Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Health Care field with related training is required (a combination of education and/or experience may be considered in lieu of the degree when the experience has been directly related to the functions of the job)
- Minimum of four years' experience installing/supporting applications, analysis/design, and integration/design
- Experience in modality integration including DICOM, HL7 interfaces and workstation technical support is necessary for ancillary department assignment
- Excellent facilitation and project management skills with the ability to manage assigned projects to specified budget and timeline with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Epic Beacon Certification required, 2 or more strong preferred
- Capable of working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team and interacting with all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality relating to employee/patient and hosptial