Architectural Technical Sales Engineer
Category : Sales & Marketing
Location/City : IL - Chicago
Id : 42503
We're looking for an Architectural Technical Sales Engineer to join one of the world's leading providers of indoor and outdoor lighting and energy management solutions. This person will be the single point of contact for the company's field sales and agency sales teams for architectural lighting solutions. Although not a sales role, this role will provide support for the sales team and will need to be comfortable with customer interaction. A good mix of technical and engineering knowledge combined with the skills to dazzle customers would add the sizzle!
So, you think you fit the bill?5 Things You Can't Google About this Role
Legal Said We Had to Throw in Bullet Points to Call This a Job PostingJob Duties & Responsibilities
Keep Walking If: You don't like people. You're going to be dealing with a lot of them.
This game is all the training you will ever need to survive: Jenga! You've got to be strategic in managing multiple tasks and making sure nothing falls through the cracks.
You'll fit in fine if you took this elective in college: Workshop. You love all things technical.
Skills to show off in the interview: A good mix of engineering and communication skills.
Build your street cred by: Sharing success stories of past clients you've worked with.
Skills & Qualifications
- Directly interface with agents and specifiers to research and aid in the determination of product feasibility and application needs
- Coordinate with engineering on the feasibility of requests, including pre-order submittals, cross-section drawings, and photometric file ad samples
- Coordinate with the Project Managers and Application Engineers on large and complex products
- Support sales by building relationships with agency network, including making occasional trips to visit agents and attend events
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or Finance; Engineering/Architectural Degree preferred
- Strong technical aptitude
- Understanding of contractors, specifiers, and engineers, along with a general understanding of product application
- Lighting industry experience strongly preferred
- Great communication skills, as this is a client-facing role with a high level of customer interaction