Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : WI - Waukesha
Id : 40677
Are you ready to join a company to Dunder Mifflin (from The Office)? We are a company that designs and manufactures refiner plates for the pulp and paper industry with the goal of helping our customers optimize their refining processes. Sound fun? We are looking for an Area Manager to join our team-based organization!
Think you've got what it takes?Four Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better with Bullet PointsJob Duties & Responsibilities:
Why you're right for the job: You will adhere to the daily production schedule, employee scheduling and performance, supplies management and raw material inventory management.
Keep walking if: You don't have the skills to lead.
Nerd Alert: You understand pivot tables, v-looks, filtering and sorting.
It's not all puppies and rainbows: You will on board new employees, mentor, coach, and develop employees, and drive conflict resolution in a team based work environment.
Skills & Qualifications
- You will be responsible for his/her area's P&L (Flex Budget) and throughput (TOC Lines
- Mold and Melt Area Manager role involves strong problem solving skills, Microsoft Excel proficiency and comfort working in a foundry environment
- Typical days will be spent with approximately 60% of your day spent on the floor leading your teams, and working on continuous improvement activities, and 40% spent doing office based work
- 5+ years of progressive experience managing in a manufacturing environment
- BS degree or greater in Materials Science, Metallurgy, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering preferred, but not essential
- Other technical/numerical based degrees such as Chemistry, Business, Physics, Electrical Engineering and Mathematics also considered for the right candidate
- Demonstrable ability to apply company policy in a firm, fair, and consistent manner
- Must be detail oriented and conscientious in managing daily schedules, weekly supplies purchasing, the monthly inventory process, and purchase plate management
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are essential to track and analyze data in order to drive continuous improvement activities, make recovery plans and plan production requirements