Area Operations Manager Front End
Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : CA - Gardena
Id : 38377
We are on the hunt for Area Operations Manager who will manage approximately 75 employees running. This front area includes tooling, cold and warm heading that processes fasteners made from aerospace grade aluminum, titanium, and stainless steel.
You Got This? Keep Reading… Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Job Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: You are the brains of the operation, meaning that you are responsible for developing a daily plan and seeing it through until target are achieved.
Most frequently sighted shoe type: Get yourself some steel toe boots that are easy to move in, safety first!
Keep your eye on: Opportunities to find solutions quickly and efficiently because this position is a stepping stone to Operations Manager!
Keep walking if: You lack manufacturing experience, we need a seasoned pro for this gig.
Build your street cred by: Staying up on safe workplace practices like lifting techniques, lacerations, and rotating equipment.
Because Life is Just Better With a Bulleted List
Skills & Requirements
- Requisition all necesary raw material, tooling and equipment required to manufacture customer orders
- Schedule orders through all in-house manufacturing departments in coordination with sales, outside manufacturing and quality control
- Approve all manufacturing area new hires, terminations, performance reviews and working schedules
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints or grievances
- 10 years of experience in aerospace fastener industry
- B.S. in Engineering
- Demonstrated accomplishments in a manufacturing environment increasing throughout or reducing cost
- Ability to analyze production data and develop solutions / Visible energy / sense of urgency / high level of ownership
- Ideal qualifications include: Aerospace machining and secondary processing experience, Previous experience managing 20+ hourly employees, Lean Manufacturing Experience, Six Sigma Green Belt, Ideal candidate will be promotable to an Operations Director position in 2-4 years