Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : TX - Dallas
Id : 43098
We are searching for an Automation Engineer to work for a company that provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy, and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. We are seeking a problem solver with an entrepreneurial mindset that can thrive in a fast-paced, agile and collaborative environment. Think you've got what it takes? Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
The Company: A full-service consulting, engineering, construction and operations firm that delivers exceptional client service, quality results, and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Quote, you might hear from your boss: Can you lead the design for this project?
Inquiring minds want to know: Do you have project management experience?
Don't apply if you: Don't have water treatment or waste water experience.
Build your street cred by: Understanding SCADA systems.
And now for the mundaneJob Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications
- Develops SCADA system master plans, performs needs assessments and provides innovative solutions involving SCADA systems, instrumentation, communication networks, radio and cellular communication systems, and cyber security practices
- Leads and facilitates client workshops to build consensus and effect the decision-making process
- Develops plans and specifications for the design of a full range of projects with minimal supervision, including development of P&IDs, SCADA system architectures, control panels layout, instrument installation drawings, loop diagrams, process control descriptions, cyber security policies, and procedures
- Leads the design for medium to large sized projects
- Works on multiple assignments simultaneously, meeting schedule and budget constraints, and directing the work of other automation staff
- Performs general construction services, including shop drawing, answering RFIs, conducting and witnessing factory and field function tests and site inspections
- Performs small to large project programming services including PLC, HMI, and reporting software programming of multiple vendors
- Manages Automation of specific projects, such as master plans studies, designs or programming services within budget, schedule, and satisfaction of client
- Directs the work of junior level automation staff
- Mentors and trains lower level employees in career development, instrumentation, controls, technology, and project management
- Actively participates or assists in new business development by contributing to strategic planning, marketing, promotion, writing and presenting papers at industry conferences, and business operations planning
- Actively participates or leads complete proposal development efforts to capture automation specific projects
- Develops score, schedule, budget, and staffing of automation services for proposals and project assignments
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, and Computer Engineering
- Ten to thirteen years experience in Automation
- PE License or EIT or FE license within 6 months of getting a PE