Business Analyst – Asset Management
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : TX - Plano
Id : 39364
You are inquisitive by nature, constantly questioning the world around you. Why is the sky blue? Why do cats purr? Why do dogs wag their tails? It's time to come down from the clouds and share your analytic genius with the business world- just think how much they could accomplish with your reasoning! Our client is an international leader in financial services, looking for a well-spoken Business Analyst – with a project management awareness.
Are you ready to read between the lines?5 Things You Can't Google About This Role
For Those of You Who Can't Live without the Bullet ListJob Duties and Responsibilities
Why you want this job: You are a Brainiac at heart, constantly seeking projects that will challenge you. This position will require use of a variety of skills, allowing you to expand your toolset.
Keep walking if: You lack the ability to provide high level Excel skills.
This board game is all the training you will need to survive: Clue- This game has refined your investigative nature, stimulating questions of: Who? What? When? Where? Why
How to tell if you're kicking @$$: You have taken your follow up with managers and leaders to the extreme. After all, it's your job to ask questions!
Skills and Requirements
- Identify and document details on project stakeholders and user classes.
- Able to provide strong research and analysis involving who the resources belong to and then updating the managers
- Collect requests using a variety of techniques such as interviews, document analysis, workshops, storyboards, site visits, use cases and workflow analysis.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional and non-functional requirements.
- Write requirement specifications according to standard templates, using concise and clear language.
- Represent goals using alternative views, such as diagrams, prototypes, use cases and/or scenarios.
- Provide strong Excel skills and understanding – think Asset Management
- Lead requirement analysis and validation, ensuring alignment to organizational standards.
- Participate in requirements prioritization.
- Participate in peer reviews of work products to ensure proper interpretation of specifications.
- Enter, manipulate, and report on requirements stored in a commercial requirements management tool.
- Manage requirements, trace ability information, and track statuses throughout the project.
- Manage changes to baseline requirements through change control processes and tools.
- Assist with modeling to standardize across projects.
- Understand business problems and opportunities and recommend solutions to increase effectiveness.
- Document test cases, and execute them on behalf of development team prior to push to QA or UAT.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years' experience applying contemporary requirements management practices in the context of software application development.
- A working knowledge of project management concepts
- Familiarity with requirements management tools is a plus (QA).
- Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups to determine requirements.
- Listening skills, to understand what people say and detect potential challenges.
- Business or application domain knowledge is a plus.
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources.
- Facilitation skills, to lead workshops communicating project requirements, and bridge business and technical conversations.
- Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques.
- Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers, managers, and technical staff.
- Organizational skills, to handle great amount of information and handle change.
- Interpersonal skills, to help manage expectations, negotiate priorities and resolve conflicts among project stakeholders.
- Modeling skills, to represent information in graphical forms that augment natural language, textual representations, including using modeling languages that may already be established in the development organization.
- Sense of ownership for work assignments and continuous performance improvement.