Category : Customer Service
Location/City : IL - Niles
Id : 40055
We are in the market for a Collections Representative for our client in the financial services industry. As a Collections Representative, you will provide a consistently high level of customer support to the Collections department by contacting check debtors via debtor notices and phone to obtain payment for returned checks and applicable fees. In addition, you must maintain the highest level of compliance with state laws and departmental procedures.Five Things You Won't Find in Our Employee Handbook
Legal Said We Had to Throw in some Bullet Points to Call This a Job PostingJob Duties & Responsibilities (In order of Importance)
What customers will say about you: Well that was easy! Your level of service is so good they ask for you by name and wait patiently for you to finish your lunch.
Potential Hazard: Your level of detailed documentation may develop into a strong urge to document all of your non-work related conversations.
It will go better if: You have an "all hands on deck" mentality when there is pressing deadlines and projects to execute.
Motivational song to live by: "Lean on Me" by Bill Withers. Learn it, love it and sing it in the shower.
Holiday we don't close for but it would be more fun if we did: "Customer Service Day". But as your consolation prize, you will be showered with gifts, cards and cake. Better?
Skills & Requirements
- Fulfill Fair Debt Collections Practice Act (FDCPA) and ensure that compliance is adhered to at all times
- Provide excellent customer service when corresponding with the check debtors, in accordance to debtor information and the nature of the call
- Ensure that all attempts to recover outstanding debt accounts are pursued with the highest levels of urgency
- Accurately notate debtor account information, every time and attempt has been made to collect debt
- Maintain and update debtor account information: return mail, bankruptcy, fraud and disputes)
- Maintain departmental production standard and adhere to company polices & procedures
- Provide immediate feedback to management in regard to accounts that require "special handling"
- Adhere to departmental lunch and break schedule
- Perform additional projects and duties as assigned
- Minimum one year of collections experience strongly preferred
- Call center and/or telemarketing experience is a plus
- Strong customer service and verbal skills Ability to communicate sensitive information effectively over the phone: quickly address the reason for the call, offer debtor best possible solution to quickly rectify the debt, so the customer is no longer negatively impacted at point-of-sale transactions
- Possess the ability to work in a team environment, to accomplish individual and company service goals
- Embraces change, by maintaining commitment to FDCPA compliance and departmental integrity in stressful situations, remains open-minded and reacts quickly to new information and varying debtor inquiries
- Practices high attention to detail, when following company procedures and ensures full accuracy in documentation to data
- Effectively transitions between multiple debtor accounts within a given day
- Proactively solve problems with a realistic understanding of issues, within company guidelines
- Ability to recognize possible of a call and can act quickly to diffuse the scenario or alert a supervisor
- Blend technical knowledge and educate debtors on our 3rd party involvement as the assignee of the call and provide an immediate resolution, that will not hinder our merchant's relationship with the customer towards future transactions
EOE - M/F/V/D