Category : Finance & Accounting
Location/City : CA - Garden Grove
Id : 39054
We are on the hunt for an experienced Controller with a strong accounting background to fill an open role with a global leader in the aerospace industry. This person can handle a faced paced environment and doesn't back down from opportunities to earn their stripes. Look sharp, this role comes with BIG opportunities to move up in the company.
Think you've got what it takes?Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better with Bullet Points Job Duties & Responsibilities
Why you're right for the job: You come from a high volume, high mix environment and you have a strong cost accounting and SOX background.
Keep walking if: You had to Google what SOX is, we need an expert who can master the compliance paperwork.
If this role was an animal: Remember the Liger? Well like that jungle cat hybrid, this role will take from both Finance and Accounting duties to make up one unique position!
Bonus points awarded for: A real "Can do" attitude, MBA and CPA are valued, but we want to see a real go - getter in this role.
Keep your eye on: Opportunities to take on more responsibility, this role is on the short list for a C-Suite role down the line.
Skills & Qualifications
- Partners with the CFO, GM and Director of Ops regarding cost reductions strategies, increasing revenue, process improvement, implementing Lean methodologies and efficiencies
- Directs the annual budget preparation, review and justifications and approval
Reports on P&L's, financial analysis, financial statements, EBITA, KPIs, and other productivity metrics
- Oversees all internal controls, SOX audits, and financial audits with internal and external auditors and acts as the Ethics Officer
- Acts as a conduit between Corporate Finance, Site Finance and the Operations team
- Steady career progression in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated leadership in a Controller or Director role for a large business unit (over $100MM)
- Strong background in standard cost accounting and SOX
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related
- Executive presence
- MBA or CPA, CMA preferred