Data Security Analyst
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : AL - Birmingham
Id : 37339
We're seeking a Data Security Analyst – someone whose role it will be to resolve moderately complex issues regarding information systems security, including access control administration and violation analysis.
Think you fit the bill? Keep reading…Five Things You Can't Google About This Role
Legal Said We Had to Include Bullet Points to Call This a Job PostingJob Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: Securing data and information systems from vulnerabilities, losses or attacks.
Skills to show off in the interview: Real life examples of problems you have solved involving data security.
Build your street cred by: Getting your certification portfolio together.
How to get voted off the island: You've got the hard, technical skills but not the soft, interpersonal skills. We need someone who can provide service with a smile.
Quote to live by: "Keep it secret; keep it safe." - Gandalf
Skills & Qualifications
- Collects and compiles historical data on system access and generates reports and analyses
- Performs all procedures asked to ensure the safety of Information Security Assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction
- Takes preventative measures to proactively identify and prevent potential problems
- Performs problem determination and resolution
- Monitors, reviews and responds to content filtering alerts and logs
- Monitors and responds to Data loss Prevention events and escalates where necessary
- Assists with vulnerability and configuration management
- Assists in the ongoing maintenance and tuning of security solutions and enhancements to existing security solutions
- Identifies, develops, and builds solutions to mitigate security risks
- High school diploma or GED and seven years related work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems (MIS) and five years related work experience
- Good understanding of applicable systems
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- One or more of the following certifications/licensures/registrations are desired:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- GIAC Certified Unix (GCUX)
- Technical certification preferred