Category : Information Technology
Location/City : GA - Atlanta
Id : 34904
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer. In this role, you'll be responsible for support and operations of our production cloud-based messaging services to maintain 99.99% availability. You will also be responsible for provisioning and supporting non-production environments. Your position is part of and works closely with the Engineering sprint teams to ensure security, capacity, performance, and reliability are maintained or improved with each new release. Lastly, you will continuously seek out opportunities for automation whether in build, test, deploy, or production operations.
You're Still Reading?!
Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Why you want this job: You are ready to be the in-house Doc who can diagnose and resolve any infrastructure issues.
Because Life is Better With Bullet Points
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Wear this, not that: Casual dress, all day, every day.
Nerd Alert (Scale 1-10): 8.5 – Be ready to build, test and deploy our applications.
You'll fit in just fine if you took this elective in college: Agile Processes.
Favorite “Office Space” line from the boss you'll work with: "Boy that's just a straight shooter with upper management written all over him."
Skills & Qualifications
- Quickly become expert in the products and features we offer
- Learn in detail the existing infrastructure and application architecture for all components
- Provide 24x7 support for production services
- Participate in cross-functional teams to quickly triage and resolve production incidents and anomalies
- Actively contribute to requirements specifications and testing for product releases to ensure operational requirements are captured and satisfied, and deployed solutions are robust and scalable
- Seek out and implement solutions for automation of application build, test, deployment, and configuration management
- Build, support, and maintain non-production environments as required (Dev, Stage, QA…)
- Document operations support procedures
- Assist Sales and Support organizations as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Master's preferred.
- 4+ years of experience operationally supporting enterprise or commercial applications
- Outstanding Linux system administration and tuning skillsFamiliarity with multiple virtualizations tools and techniques
- Versatile scripter for administration, operations, and monitoring tasks
- Selected and implemented products for operations monitoring, alerting, system dashboards, and operational reporting tools
- Prior application development experience, preferably in Java
- Experienced in resilient design concepts including SOA, loose coupling, message queuing, scalable redundancy, geographically distributed systems, etc.
- Experience with autoscaling (capacity on demand) architectures and implementations.
- Competent and active proponent of DevOps principles
- Strong advocate of build, test, deployment, and configuration automation
- Some familiarity deploying and operating applications in AWS including EC2, S3, SQS, MySQL, Aurora, RedShift, Kinesis, Data Pipeline, CloudWatch, and OpsWorks
- US Citizen or legal permanent resident
DevOps Engineer, Engineer, IT, IT Infrastructure
EOE – M/F/V/D