Director of Operations
Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : CA - Garden Grove
Id : 37092
Are you the person who can juggle many projects and stay cool under pressure? Then we want you.
We are seeking a Director of Operations who will be responsible for directing the functions and activities of our Operations organization to include manufacturing, production control, shipping & receiving, supply chain, facilities, tooling, and equipment. This individual will drive accountability through manufacturing and operations leaders. Opportunity to build and develop your leadership team responsible for a team of 250+ manufacturing personnel. In this position you will develop strategies to achieve operational objectives for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual metrics.
Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better with Bullet PointsJob Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: You will be directing the Operations organization on a daily basis to ensure execution of the company business plan.
Keep walking if: If you aren't highly analytical and comfortable telling a compelling story with numbers.
Fringe benefit: Identifying new opportunities to impact the business and operations goals positively.
Nerd Alert: You are a jack of all trades.
It's not all puppies and rainbows: You will be implementing continuous improvement initiatives that will deliver long term benefits.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ensure the Operations organization accomplishes Safety, Quality, Schedule and Cost performance objectives
- Manage Key Performance Indicators and Reporting on daily performance
- Champion and initiate Continuous Improvement projects to increase Revenue per Square Foot and Revenue per Employee
- Implement Lean Manufacturing principles
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing activities based on policies, objectives and programs spanning manufacturing functions
- Determine performance and product quality and direct accountability for that performance
- Communicate with customers, suppliers and corporate executives with high intensity and professionalism
- Equivalent to a four-year bachelor's degree (MBA preferred)
- Minimum 7-10 years manufacturing and operations experience
- Lean Manufacturing experience, training and/or certification
- Continuous Improvement experience, training and/or certification such as Six Sigma
- Demonstrated professional level skills to positively motivate, overcome barriers and act as champion/change agent for continuous improvement and to establish accountability for meeting strategic objectives
- Results driven and action oriented with ability to provide sustained high levels of energy
- Excellent eye for identifying and developing a highly driven and high performing team