Category : Admin & Clerical
Location/City : MI - Pontiac
Id : 34616
We are currently seeking an EHS Advisor for our manufacturing plant located in Pontiac, MI. This person has at least three years experience in an EHS role, and is ready to take on the influential role of being the main advisor to our line management.
Think you can hang?Five Things Wikipedia Won't Tell You About This Role
And Now for the MundaneJob Duties & Responsibilities
Why you want this job: You have a passion for not just making sure tasks are accomplished efficiently, but also in a safe and compliant environment.
The buck stops with you: Your primary job is supporting and enforcing all health, safety and environment policies and procedures.
Build your street cred by: Showing your interest in chemical manufacturing or the oil and gas industry.
We won't throw you to the wolves: A few years experience is what we're looking for, but we'll also provide you with classroom, one-on-one and on-the-floor training.
It's not all about following the rules: We also need someone who can continuously improve our health and safety policies and standards.
Skills & Qualifications
- Act as an influential EHS advisor to line management
- Coach others by leveraging and extending EHS knowledge through personal participation in training for delivery of the Safety Common Platform, EHS faculty learning programs, auditing and/or incident investigation, training activities and personal functional development
- Guide line management to develop and implement EHS policies, plans and practices in line with the HSE Policies and in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements
- In conjunction with line management, set the safety culture and manage hazards
- Ensure compliance with and commitment to the EHS policy, directives, rules and procedures
- Contribute to the development of the EHS strategy for design, deployment and delivery
- Drive continuous improvement of the site's processes, policies and standards
- Bachelor's degree in EHS, engineering and/or related discipline required; Master's degree preferred
- At least 3 years work experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety role
- Capable of functioning in both a strategic and tactical/hands-on capacity
- Project management skills
- Proven ability to positively influence others; gain agreement or acceptance of plans and activities; and move others willingly towards a desired goal or course of action
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Previous experience working with multiple units, disciplines and locations a plus
EHS, health, safety and environment, manufacturing, training, policy, advisor, manufacturing, batch process, paint, industrial coatings, chemical, oil and gas, environment