Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist Specialist
Category : Healthcare
Location/City : TX - Houston
Id : 38153
We are searching for a Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist Specialist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, perform one or more; EEGs/Long term video monitoring; Evoked Potentials or Polysomnography; procedures according to facility policy and procedures. You will maintain patient safety during clinically significant events, and other related duties. You will be responsible for providing findings, results, and a descriptive analysis according to facility policy and procedures. Lastly, as the Technologist specialist you will perform procedures appropriate to their competence and credentials held under general technical supervision.
Think you've got what it takes?Job Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Requirements
- Demonstrates a mastery of technical and procedural requirements to consistently produce high quality neurologic testing records; is able to adapt all procedures to clinical circumstances
- Ensures electrode application in adherence with the International 10–20 System
- Provides training, coaching, and mentoring to other technology personnel in proper neurodiagnostic procedures
- Assists other technology personnel in preparation for registry or certification credentials
- Documents patient information in patient's electronic medical record according to hospital and departmental guidelines
- Informs manager or designee of all patient/personal injury or unsafe situations, anticipated problems and unusual situations; completes appropriate related documentation according to departmental and hospital guidelines
- Works with departmental staff and other health care professionals by volunteering regularly to help others when time allows
- Communicates effectively with patient/family, department staff, physicians and other health care professionals to promote quality patient care
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 3 years of experience in Electroneurodiagnostic Technology inclusive of clinical rotations
- EEG - Electroencephalograph Techn
- EP - Evoked Potentials
- RPT - Reg Polysomnographic Tech
- CLTM - Cert Exam Long Term Monitoring
- CNIM - Cert Neurophy Intraop Monitor
- Ensures electrode application in adherence with the International 10–20 System.
- Knowledgeable in the correct performance of neurodiagnoistic studies, Recognition of clinically significant events and follows facility policy and procedures.
- Ability to independently demonstrate skill in one of the following areas: EEG, EEG Video Monitoring, EP, IONM or PSG.
- Ability to operate neurodiagnostic equipment, video monitoring equipment.