Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : CA - Berkeley
Id : 39966
We are on the hunt for a talented Electronic Engineer to work for one of the world's leading providers of indoor and outdoor lighting and energy management solutions. This person will help work towards the company's mission to provide lighting and building management solutions for commercial, institutional, industrial, infrastructure and residential applications throughout North America and select international markets.
Think you've got what it takes?Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better with Bullet Points Job Duties & Responsibilities
Why you're right for the job: You have a background in Electronics/Computer Science, and awesome experience with development tools.
Talk the talk: This gig call for someone who can work with Java, C++, Python and other popular computer programming languages.
Keep walking if: You had to Google what a computer programming language is, we need someone with at least one full year of relevant programming experience.
Fringe benefit alert: You will have the opportunity to work with and learn about the industry's top lighting and energy management solutions.
It's not all puppies and rainbows: It's up to you to develop and test troubleshooting guidelines for electronic luminaires and laboratory procedures.
Skills & Qualifications
- Design and validate PCBA for light engine or another circuity
- Design, integrate and prototype advance sensors, user interfaces and network communication into luminaire
- Develop embedded firmware related luminaire control, network communication, and/or user interface
- Develop testing procedures and guidelines for the testing and/or troubleshooting of electronic luminaires, qualification documentation for new products, and general laboratory testing procedures
- Develop intellectual property
- 1 to 4 years relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science or equivalent
- Analog and digital low voltage and power circuit design, PCB design and layout using Altium or similar software package
- Modeling, p-spice simulation, circuit analysis, worst thermal analysis, MTBF and product lifetime expectancy calculation
- Experience with C, C++, Python, Java or other development in a real-time environment