Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor
Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : CA - Gardena
Id : 38406
Are you the person who everyone turns to when they have a problem? Then we want you.
We are seeking an EHS Manager to join our team. This position has direct accountability for leading all aspects of our Environmental, Health and Safety programs and compliance activities. Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better With Bullet PointsJob Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: Developing, implementing, executing, monitoring, and auditing of all EHS initiatives to ensure EHS compliance and continuously improve EHS performance.
Keep walking if: You can't lead a team.
Fringe benefit: Joining a team that is focused on advancing the professional and personal success of its people.
Nerd Alert: You know all the rules and understand EH&S programs and policies.
It's not all puppies and rainbows: In this position you will work directly with corporate and division personnel, managers, supervisors, leads and employees across all production and office departments.
Skills & Qualifications
- Develop, implement, and maintain all written EH&S programs and policies in accordance with OSHA, Cal PSHA, USEPA and/or corporate standards and in compliance with applicable laws
- Develop, implement, coordinate and perform EH&S training
- Participate in process reviews (such as process hazard analyses, etc.)
- Support corporate/plant engineering to implement engineering controls to minimize safety and occupational health hazards
- Manage and maintain PPE (personal protective equipment) requirements
- Promote safety and health awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters, and/or specific training programs
- Develop, implement, and manage OSHA, CAL POSHA and USEPA arequired reports (OSHA logs, etc.)
- Understand Federal and State (California) occupational safety, health and environmental regulations and monitor regulatory changes as they occur
- Bachelor's degree in safety science, industrial engineering, or industrial hygience, or Bachelor's degree in related field with strong EH&S leadership experience (5 years), or equivalent experience (10+ years) with specialized training
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables