Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor
Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : CA - Irvine
Id : 38284
Are you an excellent communicator and a team player? If so, you will make the perfect fit.
We are looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist to provide full time environmental health and safety support to the organization and will ensure that all practices are in compliance with all regulatory requirements. In this position you will be responsible for coordinating and implementing regulatory programs and its permitting applications. Additionally, you will develop, coordination and implement training programs in support of our policies and company requirements.
Think you've got what it takes? Four Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Job Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: Practicing safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company
Keep walking if: Don't have experience with machine operations/manufacturing environment.
3 Things You Can't Google About this Role: You will be coordinating with HR, Operations and General Manager on facility deficiencies and monthly safety inspections.
How to tell if you're kicking #$# after 90 days: You are developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
Because Life is Better With Bullet Points
Skills & Qualifications
- Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company
- Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee / supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach;
- Maintain and update as needed SOP's/Work Instructions for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
- Perform and contribute to the Site Training Plans by conducting employee orientations; emergency response training
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected
- Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements
- Investigate, report and provide corrective actions/results/trends for all accidents and incidents
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies and chair or co- chair and lead the Safety Efforts
- Follow all AS9100 Guidelines
- Minimum of five years' experience in Environmental Health and Safety role
- Minimum of 3 years supervising employees
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- 4 year College Degree or equivalent combination of skill and experience
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision