Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : CA - Gardena
Id : 42480
We're looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to work with a global manufacturing leader in the aerospace industry. This will be a new leadership role with the opportunity to establish and share your EHA expertise and to make an impact in a large-scale facility.
It takes more than a pretty face to land this gig…5 Things They Won't Tell You in The Employee Handbook
And Now For The MundaneJob Duties & Responsibilities
Why you are right for this job: You care about safety in the workplace; you also like to recycle and you're mindful of your carbon foot-print.
Most frequently sighted shoe type: Slip-resistant boots
Holiday we don't close for, but it would be cooler if we did: Earth Day, of course!
Musical group that best defines the team you'll be a part of: Earth, Wind, & Fire.
How to tell if you're kicking #$# after 90 days: Not only are you doing the job well, but you've introduced new ideas for safety and environmental health.
Skills and Requirements
- Develop, implement, and maintain all written EH&S programs and policies in accordance with OSHA, Cal OSHA, USEPA, and corporate standards while remaining in compliance with applicable laws
- Develop, implement, coordinate, and perform EH&S training
Participate in process reviews
- Develop and maintain required reports
- Promote safety and health awareness, manage near-miss incidents, lost-time injuries or illnesses, and work with injured workers
- Commitment to continuous improvement to comply with ISO 9001:2000
- Monitor regulatory changes to ensure timely compliance
- Bachelor's Degree with strong EHS leadership experience or 5 years of equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience as an EHS Manager or EHS Supervisor
- Experience in the manufacturing industry
- Previous experience with California State Labor laws and worker compensation
- Understanding of Federal and state occupational safety, health, and environmental regulations
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common financial reports and legal documents
- Ability to present information to top management, public groups, and board of directors