Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : CA - Mojave
Id : 38412
We are seeking an EHS Manager to join our team. In this position you will be responsible to EHS to serve as the staff specialist in safety by developing and carrying out procedures with the line organization that effectively control accident and health exposures in the company and minimize OSHA citations. Four Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better With Bullet PointsJob Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: Developing, implementing, maintaining, updating the safety policies, programs and procedures, and administer the Injury Illness and Prevention Program.
Keep walking if: You can't lead safety meetings.
Nerd Alert: You have achieved and maintained 100% compliance with applicable Federal, State, and Local regulatory agencies.
It's not all puppies and rainbows: You will be monitoring operations to identify hazards, evaluate risks, and make improvements to reduce risk.
Skills & Qualifications
- Conduct Factory Safety Orientation for new employees, providing clear communication so that new hire employees understand their role in performing their jobs safely
- Conduct Hazard Assessments, Safety Inspections and Hazardous Waste Inspections to include daily walks around the facility, identification of risk, and reporting issues to ensure prompt resolution
- Safety Trainings
- Maintaining inventory of safety supplies
- Environmental Recordkeeping
- Administer safety programs in compliance with OSHA regulations and company objectives
- Monitor new and revised regulations and implement changes as required
- Perform special project assistance as needed
- Conduct inspections and evaluation of operations to identify hazards. Manage and administer worker's compensation program
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Preferred 4-year degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemistry, biology or other science or environmental, safety, or industrial hygiene
- 2 – Years as a Safety Manager experience preferred
- Knowledge of State and Federal Law
- Knowledge and familiarity with Hazardous Waste Manifests
- Knowledge of and Hazardous waste handling
- Knowledge of Cal OSHA regulations
- Preferred experience handling chemicals
- Experience working with California Environmental compliance laws:
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office