Category : Sales & Marketing
Location/City : GA - Decatur
Id : 37682
Are you the person who everyone turns to when they have a problem? Do you have a passion for helping others? Then we want you.
We are seeking a General Manager – the hands-on results-driven type. As General Manager, you will lead all aspects of the operations and management of a senior living community. In this position you'll be responsible for the day-to-day operations of an independent senior living community, which includes developing an engaged and productive team, ensuring high resident satisfaction and ensuring strong financial performance.
Think you've got what it takes? Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better With Bullet PointsJob Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: You will be responsible for the management of all community employees
Keep walking if: You don't have strong customer service skills
Fringe benefit: Our seniors aren't the only ones benefiting from your employment here – you will, too
Nerd Alert: There's something very satisfying about working for a company that cares for seniors. Where everything you do, in whatever capacity, is contributing to someone else's happiness
It's not all puppies and rainbows: As you know, it's not always fun discharging someone
Skills & Qualifications
- Set community goals and culture by providing leadership and vision
- Be responsible for community financial performance through occupancy and revenue growth and expense management to achieve net operating income growth
- Develop and implement quarterly business plans to maintain high occupancy and achieve financial goals – budgeting, monitoring and corrective action planning
- General Managers handle all aspects of community talent management, including hiring, discharging, coaching and performance tracking employees
- Develop employee culture of excellence through established Holiday training programs, employee town hall meetings, staff development, performance management and communication
- Maintain high occupancy through the development and implementation of a sales and marketing program
- Provide tours, negotiate/sign leases, and make sales calls
- Establish positive relationships with residents by attending community events, holding meetings with residents and advisors, proactively identify problems and implementing corrective actions to ensure resident engagement, independence and happiness
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders including governmental agencies, business partners, community groups, etc.
- Minimum of five years' previous management experience including, operational and financial experience in managing employees, recruiting, customer service, budgeting, purchasing, payroll, and accounts payable/receivable
- Preferred industry background: hotel, senior living, hospital, restaurant
- Strong (oral and written) communication skills
- Strong supervision, coaching, and leadership skills to lead teams
- Two-year Associate Degree—B.S./ B.A. preferred
- Previous sales experience preferred.