Health and Welfare Benefits Manager
Category : Human Resources
Location/City : FL - Ft Lauderdale
Id : 38567
Start your engines. We are looking for a Health and Welfare Benefits Manager to drive our team's Health and Welfare processes.
In this role, you will manage benefit carriers, vendors, and third-party administrators with the best interests of the participants and company in mind. You will also be responsible to ensure ERISA program compliance with carriers and vendors.
Think you've got what it takes?Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better With Bullet PointsJob Duties & Responsibilities
Why you're right for this job: You are ready to join one of the major players in the retail automobile market.
Keep walking if: You don't have strong financial acumen and project management skills.
Fringe benefit: You have benefits experience.
Bonus Points: You have experience with CEBs.
It's not all puppies and rainbows: Laws are laws. You have experience with laws, regulations and government policies.
Skills & Qualifications
- Oversee all Health & Welfare (H&W) processes, including vendor management, contract drafting and negotiation, performance guarantees, program analysis, etc
- Develop requests for proposals, evaluate and assist in the selection of vendors, carriers, and insurers
- Analyze benefit programs and carrier products to develop business plan recommendations resulting in design changes that meet company business needs
- Write technical plan documents, Summary Plan Documents, and administrative / training manuals
- Communicate all plan information to participants through a variety of mediums
- Responsible for all compliance filings on behalf of the benefits department including SARs, DOL inquiries, etc
- Research and respond to second level ERISA appeals related to self-insured business lines, and eligibility appeals for fully insured coverage
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of Benefits Administration experience
- Experience with laws, regulations and government policy related to Health and Welfare benefit programs
- Strong financial acumen and project management experience
- Proficiency in utilizing MS Office software—MS Excel, Power Point and Word