Category : Human Resources
Location/City : CA - Gardena
Id : 38418
Are you a self-starter who knows how to engage the team? Then we have the perfect gig for you! We are on the hunt for an HR Manager with experience in manufacturing to lead a variety of HR functions including: FMLA / LOA administration, Workers Compensation management, terminations, employee record keeping, performance review administration, employee relations, and specialized HR programs and projects. This position's work is performed under the managerial direction of the General Manager and the Group HR Director.
Think You Fit the Bill? Keep Reading….Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Just Better With a Bulleted ListJob Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: We need someone who can professionally handle all actions related to hiring, terminating, and performance reviewing without missing a beat.
Why you are right for this gig: You can analyze even the toughest situation and make recommendations on how to handle.
Keep walking if: You are willing to be flexible by recognizing that our team members are our most valuable asset!
Bonus point awarded for: Expertise in the Microsoft Office Suite Programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Build your street cred by: Taking charge in HR related situations and delivering high quality service.
Skills & Requirements
- Oversees that all necessary paperwork, employee communications, benefits maintenance, leave tracking, management reports, workers compensation claims, and return to work programs is completed
- Completes initial reporting, accident investigations, communication work restrictions, claim adjuster correspondence, tracking and claim review analysis for settlements
- Creates termination packages, completes assigned terminations, ensures all termination paperwork is complete per SOX requirements
- Generates performance reviews for non-exempt employees, reviews comments, and assists in salary planning tool
- Leads all HR related projects and initiatives throughout the year, maintaining several HR related spreadsheets, updating and distributing on a pre-determined schedule
- Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree preferred
- 10 - 15 years of experience in HR, with at least 3 year of HR experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great verbal and written communications skills; not afraid to speak up when required
- Meticulous attention to detail, quality, and follow through; strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite of software