Category : Human Resources
Location/City : IN - Jeffersonville
Id : 38078
Do you own a blue blazer? If so, this is the right gig for you.
We are searching for a HR manager to join our Human Resources team. You will be responsible to plan and coordinate HR activities to maximize the strategic function of human resources.
Think you've got what it takes?Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better with Bullet Points Job Duties & Responsibilities
Why you want this job: You enjoy driving HR processes and promote a culture that supports goal setting, performance feedback and performance management.
Why you're right for the job: You got HR Skills which will help you will perform a variety of tactical HR responsibilities as needed to include areas such as compensation, benefits, on-boarding and recruitment.
Keep walking if: You don't have the ability to lead the delivery of new employee orientation.
Nerd Alert: You are a Workday pro.
It's not all puppies and rainbows: You will conduct fact-finding investigation activities (e.g., interviews, document review, consultation with appropriate Company officials) related to internal and external inquiries, complaints and concerns and prescribe appropriate remedy to resolve complaint or concern.
Skills & Requirements
- Serve as lead Employee Relations contact
- Assist in educating management on HR policies, plans, programs, practices, processes, and tools (e.g., compensation, benefits, development projects, EEO) to ensure knowledge transfer, enhanced organizational capability related to the management and development of people, and consistent delivery
- Advise management on the formulation and administration of plans and policies for employee activities based upon interactions with personnel and by analyzing data
- Effectively build positive client relations by acting as an internal consultant and recommending solutions to HR issues
- Manage leave of absence program and coordinate with Leave Administrator to ensure employees and managers are informed of processes and responsibilities
- Implement plans and approaches that create an environment of employee relation practices which help to ensure employee retention, foster open, two-way communication and minimize third party intervention risk
- Manage out-boarding process including review of terminations, exit interviews and analysis of turnover for improved selection and retention
- Maintain records and compile reports to facilitate data validation for internal requests as well as compliance programs including affirmative action reporting, I-9 compliance, EEO-1 and other regulatory requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related business field
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible HR experience
- Expert knowledge of employee relations practices and employment laws
- Strong critical thinking; using logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions to problems
- SPHR/PHR certification strongly preferred
- HR experience in a Call Center environment
- Workday experience or other HRIS experience
- Leadership experience