Lead Mechanical Component Engineer
Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : FL - Plantation
Id : 38815
We are on the hunt for an energetic go getter to work as a Lead Component Engineer. In this role you will support the overall supplier and component readiness for innovative programs of critical new and challenging mechanical parts.
Think You've Got What It Takes? Keep Reading…Five Things You Can't Google About This Role
Because Life Is Just Better With A Bulleted ListJob Duties and Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: You oversee the successful launch of new products and ensure that they meet organization goals of "on volume, on-quality and on-time".
Why you are right for this gig: You've got a strong background in plastics, molding, and mechanical design
Keep walking if: International travel is a personal deal breaker; this individual will be required to do so about 20% of the time.
Bonus points awarded for: Extensive experience working with suppliers and bringing technically challenging components to production in the consumer electronics industry.
Build your street cred by: Using your experience in BOTH design and manufacturing to resolve technical issues.
Skills and Requirements
- Support the overall supplier and component readiness for innovative programs of critical new and challenging mechanical parts
- Work closely with the supply base to resolve development, quality, and technical issues to enable the successful launch of new products to meet organization goals
- Approximately 20% international travel
- Experience in both design and manufacturing
- Experience in consumer electronics
- International supplier base experience
- 10 years or more of applicable experience managing/designing mechanical components
- Experience working with suppliers in the consumer electronics industry bringing technically challenging components into production
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Detail Oriented and Collaborative
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field required
- MS Preferred