Lead Systems Analyst
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : TX - Houston
Id : 37959
We are searching for a Lead Systems Analyst – someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting in the heart of the medical center. In this position, you'll be the operational lead of a support team, coordinate activities with team members, escalate issues to manager, ensure proper documentation of processes, follow up on support incidents, and ensure the timely delivery of change requests and project activities for team. This role requires technical expertise in the area that they are the lead for.
This role is the lead for a team that handles 70 or 80 applications that cover both our business services teams as well as some of our clinical providers. A background in healthcare helps, and you will also need a wide variety of technology that you know about. Applicants should have a good understanding of client/server architecture. Do you understand how an environment is built out and do you have experience with projects upgrading applications?
You will need to be a good communicator who can navigate the needs of high level partners in the hospital – managers and directors. You should also be able to speak technically with authority when relaying information to analysts, architect, and vendors.
Leadership experience and project management skills are also a must.
Think you've got what it takes?Job Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Requirements
- First point of escalation for team members regarding issues and questions regarding the functional area of the team
- Reviews support incidents, ensures assignment to team members, and timely resolution to meet SLAs
- Daily review of support incidents and ensure assignment to team members
- Work with manager to prioritize change orders and ensure that normal change orders and projects have adequate requirements documented
- Manage non-PMO projects, develop scope, create project plans, communicate status, and follow other standard project management methodologies
- Work with PMO project managers as primary application contact for analysis and design efforts
- For all existing and new application functionality, have team prepare knowledge articles for end users, IS Servicer Desk and Customer Support staff
- Ensures that workflows supported by the team are documented and available in the Quality Center (QC) application
- Reviews workflows on a regular basis with business owners, subject matter experts, and training staff
- Works with application vendors, business owners, and team members to review new application functionality, new technology, and process adjustments that will bring greater efficiency and will improve use of system
- High School diploma or GED
- Ten (10) years of major system design and implementation experience
- Bachelor's degree will substitute four (4) years of work experience
- Master's degree will substitute for two (2) years of work experience
- Up to three (3) years of clinical patient care and/or clinical research experience may substitute for up to three (3) years of information systems experience on a month to month basis
- Expert level knowledge of current application and system development/management techniques
- Knowledge of service level management, database design, appropriate programming languages, data structures, associated computer hardware, computer networking, a variety of operating systems and client/server data processing techniques
- Ability to demonstrate logic, analytical and effective verbal and written communication skills, team-oriented work habits, proven interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to different levels of technical experience
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision