Category : Other
Location/City : MI - Canton
Id : 37441
We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor who can address throughput, work constructively with skilled trades employees, and address downtime related issues with equipment in a manufacturing environment. In this role this individual will also be responsible for devising and executing a maintenance plan to achieve overall equipment effectiveness.
Think you fit the bill? Keep Reading… Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Just Better With a Bulleted ListJob Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: You are no stranger to the field so you will be the coach and mentor for other team members.
Why you want this gig: You have a strong background in manufacturing systems and can confidently find the best solutions to technical issues.
Keep your eye on: Opportunities to lead and conquer multiple tasks at once.
Keep walking if: You lack Journeymen status, we need someone who knows the technical manufacturing biz.
What Wikipedia won't tell you: This gig requires you to get your hands a little dirty and take control of some advanced technical problems
Skills & Requirements
- Interface with various levels of employees within all areas of the plant from hourly employees to senior leadership as required
- Devise and execute a maintenance plan to achieve overall equipment effectiveness
- Address downtime related issues with equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Handle multiple manufacturing and technical projects simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree in a technical/engineering discipline with 1 year of manufacturing experience; OR
- Journeymen status with 5 years manufacturing experience; OR
- 10 years of technical/manufacturing experience
- Ability to work any shift and overtime as required
- Must possess a working knowledge of advanced technical problem solving tools
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- Green Belt/ Red X/ Six Sigma Training
- Previous manufacturing supervisor experience or 2-4 years of experience working in a maintenance position in a cold heading manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Strong background in LEAN manufacturing systems
- Experience with RS Logic, PLC-5, Control Logics, Allen Bradley Systems, machine installation, robotic automation and application