Manager of Nursing, Inpatient – Cardiac Cath Lab
Category : Healthcare
Location/City : TX - Houston
Id : 39815
Our client, a top ranked pediatric hospital, has partnered with Kinetix to find their next Manager of Nursing (RN), Inpatient, Cardiac Cath Lab. In this role, the individual will join a leadership team which is highly ranked in pediatric cardiology. In addition, this individual will have the opportunity to be part of opening a new heart center within a new tower.
Think you've got what it takes?Job Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Requirements
- Maintains clinical competency, by ensuring that the physiologic, psychosocial, and developmental needs of the patient are met, within a family-centered care environment.
- Ensures the staffing needs of the department are adequately met. Supports staff in the development of their schedules and monitors effectiveness of process on staffing needs.
- Participates in the decision-making processes for hiring new employees.
- Utilizes an inter-disciplinary approach to coach and develop unit-based staff to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care in a safe environment. Assists in developing clinical nurses along the novice to expert continuum.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with health care team and works to eliminate communication barriers. Serves as liaison between physicians, families, nursing staff and ancillary departments.
- Works collaboratively with Assistant Clinical Director, Nursing and Director to prepare and monitor capital and operational budgets. Demonstrates accountability for cost effective management of equipment and supplies while ensuring the department achieves patient care goals.
- Current RN licensure by the Texas Board of Nurses
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Two (2) years of nursing experience, including pediatric or cardiac intensive care
- BLS Certification – Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association.
- Preferred: Three (3) years Cardiac Cath Lab experience. PALS. ACLS.