Manufacturing Supervisor – 2nd shift
Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : CA - Santa Ana
Id : 38466
Are you a high-energy worker with Engineering experience? Are you passionate about productivity and quality assurance? Then listen up, because we've got the gig for you! We need a Manufacturing Supervisor who will be responsible for the direct supervision of focus-factory/process production employees, maximizing safety, quality, variable cost, individual and plant-wide productivity, and technical skill development to insure on-time shipments and customer satisfaction. This position reports directly to the Director of Operations and serves as their back-up.
You Got This? Keep Reading…Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Just Better with a Bulleted List Job Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: You are the keeper of customer satisfaction, product quality and safety, in other words we need a real leader for this gig.
Why you are right for this gig: You know what it takes to control the flow of product, materials and labor utilization in to maximize productivity and minimize cost while achieving safety, quality, inventory and throughput targets.
Keep walking if: You don't possess a strong mindset for continuous improvement, we need someone with a vision!
Bonus points awarded for: Strong attention to detail and ability to work flexible hours.
Build your street cred by: Identifying skill gaps and finding the right cross training solution to cover all areas.
Skills & Requirements
- Works with support departments to ensure that all production methods and practices are consistent with internal quality standards, customer requirements, and the AS9100 program; Assists Planners/Schedulers when needed to properly schedule manufacturing operations within their focus-factory/process
- Control the flow of product, materials and labor utilization in their focus-factory/process to maximize productivity and minimize cost while achieving safety, quality, inventory and throughput targets
- Review and plan for daily, weekly, and quarterly labor, equipment, tooling and supply requirements to achieve manufacturing throughput while meeting and exceeding productivity targets
- Leads the team in developing and implementing effective systems for improving internal and external quality, cost improvements and on-time delivery to the customer requirements; Carry out supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; evaluating and appraising individual performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems in a timely manner •
- Documents all department functions and reviews/maintains the daily Time and Attendance recordkeeping system for their focus-factory/process
- Plans and supports cross training to ensure the elimination of all skill gaps, resulting in a more skilled and adaptable workforce. Ensures the completion of required competency forms and certifications, as well as maintains an employee skill matrix
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent relevant experience?
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting
- High energy level, flexible working hours, ability to motivate teams to meet requirements blueprint reading, effective communication skills, intermediate experience with Microsoft Suite, experience with inspection equipment all preferred