Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : PA - Jenkintown
Id : 38049
We are looking for a Manufacturing Supervisor – someone who will be responsible for the cost effective utilization of manpower and capital resources required to operate a group of manufacturing departments for first shift.
Think you've got what it takes?Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better With Bullet PointsJob Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: Supervising the production activity within the assigned manufacturing departments to achieve a level daily throughput.
Keep walking if: You can't ensure the timely completion of quality audits in assigned manufacturing departments.
Fringe benefit: You get to bring out your inner event planner as you will be coordinating activities with other departments.
Build your street cred by: Being the person to interview, select, train, evaluate performance, grant increases, promote, transfer, counsel, discipline, and layoff subordinates to maintain a flexible, efficient and well-motivated workforce.
How to tell if you're kicking a$$ after 90 days: Participating in the development and implementation of cost reduction and productivity improvement programs, and new manufacturing concepts such as Cell Manufacturing, TQM, TOC, etc. in order to achieve 2% productivity improvement quarter over quarter
Skills & Qualifications
- Prepare reports and be prepared to discuss with management status of department metrics, workload and current projects
- Set priorities, schedule and assign work within the assigned departments.
- Coordinate the Continuous Improvement and 6S activities for assigned manufacturing departments.
- Interpret and supervise special work requirements
- Schedule the repair and maintenance of manufacturing equipment to minimize disruption of the production schedule
- Maintain a good working relationship with other departments, government and customer contacts
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Proven work history as a supervisor or manager
- Demonstrated expertise in implementation of lean principles and improvements