Network Engineer – Data Communications
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : PA - Warrendale
Id : 37497
Would you consider yourself tech-savvy? Then we want you!
We are looking for a Network Engineer who will be responsible for defining, designing, implementing and supporting data communication solutions for employee and customer use. The position also proposes and implements data communication system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the company's network, telecommunications and security services.Four Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better With Bullet PointsJob Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: Being the leading resource on internal and external projects.
Keep walking if: You can't build, configure, replace or troubleshoots network hardware and associated devices.
Things You Can't Google About this Role: Is that we are looking for someone with strong background providing level 2 and 3 support for network and telecommunications issues.
How to tell if you're kicking #$# after 90 days: You have prioritized assigned projects and developed project plans, requirements, architecture diagrams, deadlines etc. and reports progress and status on timely basis.
Skills & Qualifications
- Uses standard Corporate IT tools to monitor and maintain systems and network as per agreed service levels
- Develops and documents network and telecommunication configuration and security standards in network engineering arena
- Participates as a contributor to defense in depth security practices developing appropriate security recommendations and implementations at the network and telecommunications level
- Works with development staff in production application publishing and application launches as well as QA and PREPROD environment updates
- Develops and maintains cross team relationships ensuring that the Network Engineer position and Technical Operations team is looked to as a trusted partner for infrastructure services
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent or four to ten years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years' experience as a Network Engineer supporting data communication infrastructure
- Experience with WAN/LAN, Remote Access, Phone Systems
- Knowledge of IPS/IDS and Firewalls (Palo Alto & Juniper)