Network Security Engineer
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : GA - Atlanta
Id : 41769
We are on the hunt for a dedicated Network Security Engineer to help our client monitor outside threats by designing new unique solutions. This is YOUR opportunity to run the network security show for the leading worldwide provider of payment technology and software solutions.
Think you've got what it takes?Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better with Bullet Points Job Duties & Responsibilities
Why you are right for this gig: You are an expert level engineer with a deep knowledge of various security technologies including IDS, network monitoring applications, and firewalls. To put it simply, nothing gets past you.
The buck stops with you: You will use your strong information security background to design, develop and maintain network security solutions that will combat even the most aggressive cyber threats.
Keep walking if: You don't play well with others. We need someone who can work closely with other teams in the organization to create the strongest solutions possible.
Nerd Alert: You've got the data to analyze the result of quality reviews from other team members and you are not afraid to use it. Look out for opportunities to make awesome recommendations that improve overall security.
Bonus points awarded for: Cool certifications that prove your skills, including CISSP, CISA, CISM, RHCE.
Skills & Requirements
- Design, develop, implement and maintain network security solutions with guidance from Architecture, Compliance, Information Security, and other teams
- Provide support to Security and Operations teams to solve correct technical challenges related to implementation of security solutions
- Understand how the implementation of security solutions supports the technology blueprint and information security vision of the organization
- Develop a personal support network by developing and building relationships throughout the Information Security and Business Technology Services groups
- Analyze the results of quality review from other staff and make recommendations to address gaps in the current solutions and/or to improve overall security
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or information security
- 3+ years of information security experience with minimum 5+ years of design, implementation and troubleshooting network or network security solutions
- Preferred certifications include: CISSP, CISA, CISM, RHCE
- Expert level engineering expertise with multiple network security technologies, including IDS/IPS, network packet inspection appliances, network monitoring applications, firewalls
- Hands on design and implementation experience in network security monitoring/analysis, network security monitoring, intrusion detection, and web application firewalls