Category : Healthcare
Location/City : AR - Little Rock
Id : 40041
Are you ready to be a part of a progressive healthcare employer? Apply today and join an organization that will give you the opportunity to provide patient centered care, the freedom to share you compassion for others, and the unlimited potential to grow your career.
We are seeking Nuerodiagnostic Tech IV. In this position, you'll perform EEGs, routine, complex and intraoperative, with accurate interpretation skills. This person will perform clinical Evoked Potential studies and Nerve Conduction Studies under the direction of a neurologist. Lastly, you will serve as a mentor/teacher of junior tech and perform all duties in the Seizure Investigation Unit.
Are you ready to make a difference in the way healthcare is delivered? Job Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Requirements
- Studies Fundamentals of EEG, Evoked Potential and Nerve Conduction Velocity textbooks, passing didactic testing with a minimum score of 80 percent
- Demonstrates ability to perform advanced electroencephalography, neonatal EEG, nerve conduction velocity testing, clinical evoked potential testing, intraoperative brainwave monitoring during carotid endarterectomies and circulatory arrest cases
- Meets Clinical Competency Targets, 100 percent of seizures are captured in SIU, 95 percent of technical impressions are correct and troubleshoot problems when outcomes are not as expected •
- Carries out montage selection by anticipating waveforms and planning special activation procedures by correlating history with disease processes and clinical EEG •
- Performs nerve conduction studies under the direction of a neurologist demonstrating good technique and troubleshooting skills •
- Performs intraoperative brainwave monitoring, demonstrating good technique and troubleshooting skills ?
- ABRET registered or registry-eligible
- CPR certified
- Associate's degree or equivalent, Bachelor's degree preferred
- REEGT and or 3 years' previous experience with the stated essential functions