Neurophysiology Technician II – Computerized Telemetry
Category : Healthcare
Location/City : AL - Birmingham
Id : 35481
We are searching for a Neurophysiology Tech- someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position you perform neurodiagnostic procedures (EEG, EMU, ICU) according to facility policy and procedures. Such procedures include: patient setup, electrode application, equipment troubleshooting and pattern recognition. Tech must be able to perform duties independently, demonstrate competencies yearly and is required to rotate on call with the tech team.
Think you've got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Routinely provide technically optimal neurophysiological procedures per scope.
- Retain a thorough understanding of regulatory requirements, related to health information management, such as JCAHO and HIPAA.
- Respect patient rights for informed consent and the handling of confidential information
- Maintain currency in field through annual continuing education, literature and seminars. (10 CEUs/year)
- Participate in improving organizational performance through recommending areas or approaches for improvement activities, performing new procedures, collecting data and providing input to department discussions.
- Understand and adhere to Core Standards as defined organizationally and specifically within the department/unit.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree in related field preferable
- 6 months experience working in a patient care environment
- Current registry with ABRET (American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic Technology) required
- Effective verbal, written, telephone, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to relate to diverse age and demographic backgrounds
- Be able to work independently using efficient time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail, teamwork skills and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
EOE - M/F/V/D