Larry is responsible for generating solutions for new clients of Kinetix. He was formerly the Senior Vice President for sales at Vistage, the world’s leading CEO organization where he lead the strategy for bringing Vistage to the Fortune 1000. Prior to Vistage, Larry was the Guidant Group’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing where they provided outsourced services and technology to enable enterprise management for all contract labor. With over 20 years experience in operations, sales, and developing new business strategy, he is a pioneer in the Human Resources Outsourcing market and developed the first Recruitment Process Outsourcing model to become commercially viable.
Larry has held senior leadership positions at Accenture, Spherion, and Monster Worldwide. He is a published thought leader and a speaker on the topic of Human Resources Outsourcing and talent acquisition. He served as an advisor for the Human Capital Institute and is a graduate of the United States Naval Academy at Annapolis and the Juran Institute for Six Sigma facilitation.
5 Questions with Larry Kihlstadius
1. Tell us why you’re in the RPO game and how you got here:
I am an early pioneer in the RPO game. I was the leader of one of the very first relevant RPO business units and Shannon Russo, our CEO, was part of the senior leadership team of the parent company. We have been in touch for over ten years and always wanted to work together again!
2. Finish this sentence: “People want to hang out with me because…”:
Outside of work, I am a great organizer of world class shenanigans. Inside work, I am calm in the face of any storm.
3. Let’s face it—there’s a lot of humanity out there in the recruiting scene. What’s a sure sign in the first 3 minutes you interview a candidate that it’s not going to happen?
Poor “presence.” No eye contact, low energy, and a feeble handshake.
4. Describe your first car to us. God, please let it be a junker that embarrasses you:
A very large and reliable Plymouth Fury with a Commando V8!!
5. Give it up—2 things that the people outside of Kinetix don’t know about you:
I really love bad 70s pop music and eat way too much junk food.