Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : CA - Gardena
Id : 40309
We are on the hunt for a Manufacturing Estimator to work for a fluid fitting industry leader. In this role you will receive, review, and process all Requests for Quotes (RFQ).
Think you've got what it takes?Four Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better with a Bulleted ListJob Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: You are the keeper of the quotes, meaning that you will analyze and review pricing models to keep up with the market.
Keep walking if: You are unfamiliar with ERP systems.
Bonus points awarded for: Experience interpreting manufacturing blueprints; we need someone who can speak our industry's language.
Impress the boss on day 1 by: Working with the sales team to identify and develop new business prospects.
Skills & Qualifications
- Review costs with Purchasing and review customer drawings with engineers to identify parts and ensure corrects costs are quoted
- Work with Outside Sales to identify new opportunities, and interact with the Customer Service Team to resolve any pricing issues with current customers
- Be familiar with historical sales and market data to ensure that prices are set accordingly to the market while maximizing profit
- Update and maintain quote log daily with all incoming and outgoing quotes
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or business administration; OR 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment in lieu of education
- Knowledge and competence in the concepts, principles, and standard practices in costing and pricing
- Experience negotiating and working in a contracting environment, and ability to analyze and solve moderately complex costing problems
- Strong Excel skills and knowledge of ERP systems
- Experience interpreting manufacturing blueprints is a plus