Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : CA - Gardena
Id : 40015
We are on the hunt for Procurement Manager who will supervise Purchasing department activities related to procurement of raw materials, standard inventory commodities and maintenance, repair and operating supplies, outside processing, and facilities and construction for division according to approved requisition level.
You Got This? Keep Reading… Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Just Better With a Bulleted List Job Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: You will be handling important functions like direct procurement of quotations, evaluation of bids, placement of purchase orders and expediting product delivery to using departments.
What customers will say about you: You are thorough and detail oriented, multitasking is second nature to you.
Keep your eye on: Opportunities to analyze rejected material and figure out the cause with suppliers.
Keep walking if: Making organizational decisions pertaining to policies, procedures and regulations makes you nervous, we need a real leader here.
Build your street cred by: Confidently acting as a buyer to procure selected products or services within company purchasing policy.
Skills & Requirements
- Responsible for and administer development and selection of sources, of supply, determination of type of procurement contract, negotiation of quality, delivery and price, and for commitment to purchase commodities and services for division
- Responsible for procurement planning with suppliers and for maintaining contact with suppliers to assist them in meeting quality standards and delivery schedules by providing interpretation of specifications and processes required for company acceptance
- Review all purchase requisitions and specifications for materials and initiate suggestions to Engineering, Quality Control and requesters for substitutions in materials, changes in specifications or in quantities when improvement in quality, delivery and cost can result while maintaining design objectives
- Coordinate with Engineering Laboratory and Quality Control to determine cause of rejected material and to resolve discrepancies in manufacture with suppliers
- Direct negotiation of changes to existing purchase contacts based on revision of company requirements for specifications, quantities and delivery schedules
- Establish and maintain purchasing configuration control documents for identification and description of physical history and functional characteristics of materials traceable back to supplier or process
- Be assigned miscellaneous administrative duties for company such as "Fleet Administrator' or "Small Business Liaison Officer"
- Perform work which is subject to procurement precedents and practices in support of manufacturing operations
- Process specific assignments, special studies or requests received from superior
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form