Product Market Manager
Category : Sales & Marketing
Location/City : GA - Conyers
Id : 38982
We are on the hunt for a confident self-starter to work as a Product Market Manager. You will direct and oversee all aspects of product lifecycle management including understanding market demands, technology trends, and the competitive field. This person will be primarily responsible for managing the strategic product roadmap, new product development, product launch, and post-launch maintenance of offerings.
Think You've Got What It Takes? Keep Reading…Five Things You Can't Google About This Role
Because Life Is Just Better with A Bulleted ListJob Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: We need a real multitasker for this one! You will translate unmet customer needs into product offerings that increase revenue, profits and market penetration.
Why you are right for this gig: You've got the sauce when it comes to product strategy development and category management, AND proof of experience to back up your skills.
Keep walking if: You have trouble working with others; this gig calls for someone who can build effective relationships to influence others internally and externally.
Bonus points awarded for: Strong experience with small inverter and AC inverter systems and/or electrical Life Safety products
Build your street cred by: Driving appropriate actions to move products through life cycle from concept, through development, to post launch maintenance without breaking a sweat.
Skills & Requirements
- Identify technology, channel, product, price, promotion, and placement trends to prioritize product actions that deliver the greatest return on investment of engineering and capital resources
- Act as subject matter expert for product line by providing current product assessment, competitive assessment, market assessment, identification of opportunities for growth including defining new products
- Work independently and with matrix partners to develop product launch strategy, including the product offering, product pricing, channel and distribution strategy, packaging and promotion strategy
- Conduct ongoing analysis of the company, industry, competitor, and technology landscape to ensure that the product offering remains relevant
- Introduce new products and retire aged products as required to maximize revenue and profits
- 5+ years of experience in product strategy development, multi-generational roadmap development, and product development
- Product management and/or category management for electrical products sold through a rep or agency organization into electrical distributor channels highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in engineering / finance / marketing / other related business disciplines
- Successful record working in a matrix environment for a Fortune 500 company, and presenting to and working with decision makers, influencers, and other stake holders—both internal and external
- MBA preferred