Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : WA - Seattle
Id : 37664
Are you the type of person who can do a Rubik cube with your eyes closed? Then we want you to plan, organize and control shift operations as our Production Supervisor.
As our Production Supervisor you will supervise hourly personnel directly during production startup and manufacture of company products, satisfying all reliability and quality standards mandated by the customer in the most economic manner possible.
Think you've got what it takes?Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better With Bullet PointsJob Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: Motivating your team to accomplish difficult goals.
Keep walking if: You don't have the ability to direct and motivate others.
Fringe benefit: Put your party planning hat on. You get to plan department activities.
Build your street cred by: You will be striving to reduce operating inefficiencies, absenteeism, rework time, and downtime with your team.
It's not all puppies and rainbows: You have to be able to have turn on and off your good cop, bad cop.
Skills & Qualifications
- Develop, train and motivate employees to acquire maximum efficiency, productivity, cooperation, and morale
- Ensure all shift employees, equipment, materials, and areas of operation conform to all appropriate health and safety regulations and proper training is provided to employees using any hazardous/dangerous materials and waste management
- Reward and discipline shift employees in accordance with established policies. Maintain full documentation for all actions taken
- Review work order routings and manufacturing processes
- Provide recommendations to Engineering and Management for continuous process improvement and changes
- Ensure assigned area of responsibility is maintained with good housekeeping practices.
- Oversee all purchases of non-durable tooling (up to $5,000) and provide input on new capital expenditures
- Perform performance management activities including employee discipline and yearly reviews
- Provide training to new employees
- Four Year Degree
- Management training and experience in manufacturing environment or previous Military Experience
- Excellent Computer and MS Excel skills
- Comply with Safety and quality requirements outlined in:
- PCC Corporate Safety Policies
- FTI ISO 9001/AS9100 Quality System Employee Guideboo
- FTI-2011-02 Documentation Requirements
- FTI-2011-20 Continuous Improvement And Preventive Actions