Quality Assurance Manager
Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : CA - Gardena
Id : 38212
We are searching for a Quality Manager who will be responsible for inspection, MRB, quality administration and metrology laboratory operations within the department.
Think You've Got What It Takes? Keep Reading… Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Just Better With a Bulleted ListJob Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: You are the keeper of quality; you will maintain oversight of operational goals to meet and exceed company objectives consistent with established safety, quality and productivity standards.
Why you are right for this gig: You don't back down when it comes to getting your hands dirty, you can handle multiple projects simultaneously and deliver top notch results.
Keep your eye on: Opportunities to flex those quality manager muscles and provide leadership and training support to quality oriented programs.
Keep walking if: You have presentation anxiety, you will need to present information and field questions from the big bosses, clients and customers.
Build your street cred by: Making and negotiating recommendations for quality improvements with operating management.
Skills & Requirements
- Maintain oversight of operational goals for Quality Engineering and Administration, Quality Control Metrology and Metallurgical Laboratories to meet company objectives consistent with established safety, quality and productivity standards
- Participate in all customer audits to show that company procedures follow customer requirements as well as determine and provide appropriate corrective actions to Director of Quality when not in agreement
- Analyze and evaluate quality and reliability capabilities of potential suppliers, and perform quality surveys/analyses of in-house quality programs and manufacturing processes to determine adequacy of systems along with compliance requirements
- Develop and utilize quality activity tracking systems for improvement purposes and negotiate recommendations for quality improvements with operating management
- Supervise function including corrective actions, material disposition, internal audits, vendor control, trend analysis and cost of quality
- Supervise laboratory operations including chemical, physical and non-destructive testing, raw materials residuals and failure analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Operations, Engineering, Business or related field required
- 5+ years' managerial experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, Aerospace experience highly preferred
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry