Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : CA - Santa Ana
Id : 42209
We are searching for a Quality Engineer – someone who will work closely with the Quality Director in a fast-paced environment. This position is responsible for quality functions flowed to Composites Horizons through ISO9001, AS9100, and Nadcap. Quality analysis requires hands-on experience in multiple quality functions, as well as having strong analytical and communications skills.
Think you've got what it takes? Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better with Bullet Points Job Duties & Responsibilities
The Company: A worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products that serve the aerospace, power and general industrial markets
Quote you might hear from your boss: Have we gotten the new parts for the Boeing Airbus?
Inquiring minds want to know: What is your passion?
Don't apply if you: Are looking for a single career development path. This role has the capacity to grow and evolve.
The Culture: We excel in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment that rewards performance, results and challenges. This allows each employee to reach his or her full potential by demanding continuous improvement and increased decision-making and authority
Skills & Qualifications
- Works closely with the Quality Director and participates in quality management to ensure the customer and third-party requirements
- Manage and establish checkpoints in all operations of the quality system
Audit procedure and frequency to ensure follow through of established procedures
- Identify trends and recommend corrective actions in areas of excessive cost
- Reviews drawings and related specification on new programs
- Investigate quality complaints
- Drive adherence to Quality Management System
- Participate in AS9100 Quality Management System Audits and NADCAP special process accreditation
- Process documents through the MRB process and take corrective action as required
- Perform internal audits of product and quality system
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Chemical, Quality, Materials) required
- Aerospace and manufacturing industry experience is preferred
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Experience in ISO9000/AS9100 Quality Management preferred
- Previous experience with inspection equipment: Micrometer, Vernier Calipers, etc
- SPC knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills