Respiratory Care Practitioner (RRT)
Category : Healthcare
Location/City : IL - Chicago
Id : 41045
Are you ready to cultivate your passion for providing care in our community? We are looking for top talent to join our organization and reach their fullest potential.
We are seeking a Respiratory Care Practitioner. In this position, you'll provide respiratory care services for the safe and effective care of neonatal, pediatric and adult patient populations. You will perform direct patient care in all aspects of respiratory care according to order, protocol or clinical pathway. This role will be responsible for determining the effectiveness of therapy. You will operate and maintain all equipment needed for the respiratory management of critically ill patients. You will act as the primary resource to parents, patients, and all hospital personnel regarding pulmonary illness, therapies and equipment.
Are you ready to join this fast-growing team? Job Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Requirements
- Performs respiratory care according to policies/procedures/protocols and anticipates impending emergent situations and intervenes effectively
- Institutes, monitors, maintains and troubleshoots respiratory care equipment including mechanical ventilation, high frequency ventilation, oxygen delivery devices, aerosol delivery devices, etc.
- Provides airway care, administers inhaled medications, performs airway clearance, bronchial hygiene and lung expansion therapy
- Initiates, monitors and maintains therapeutic gases including heliox, nitric oxide, oxygen and nitrogen
- Communicates with the family and members of the multidisciplinary team to identify health care needs
- Evaluates the patient's progress through continuous observation and assessment of responses to interventions, treatments, and therapies
- Demonstrates knowledge of pertinent aspects and competency with protocols related to the use of chemical disinfection, high level disinfection, and sterilization as required
- Keeps up to date in respiratory care by utilizing current respiratory and healthcare literature for information and problem solving
- Graduate of a CoARC Accredited Associate's Degree Program in respiratory care required Bachelor's degree or higher in Respiratory Care preferred
- Current licensure as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in the State of Illinois or eligible for Licensure in the State of Illinois required
- Active RRT Credential (Registered Respiratory Therapist) from the National Board for Respiratory Care, New graduates (within the last year) may obtain the RRT within 3 months of hire
- Current valid BLS/CPR through the American Heart Association required
- PALS Certification within the first year of employment
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills, accepting of change, demonstrate adaptability. Must possess the skills and judgement necessary to implement medical plan of care, clinical interventions and procedures as needed for the patient
- Neonatal/Pediatric Specialist (NPS) credential by the NBRC and previous neonatal and pediatric critical care experience preferred