Senior Electroneurodiagnos Technologist
Category : Healthcare
Location/City : TX - Houston
Id : 38161
We are searching for a Senior Electroneurodiagnos Technologist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform one or more; EEGs/Long term video monitoring; Evoked Potentials or Polysomnography; procedures according to facility policy and procedures. You will also provide findings, results, and a descriptive analysis according to facility policy and procedures. Lastly, you will perform procedures appropriate to their competence and credentials held under general technical supervision.
Think you've got what it takes?Job Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Requirements
- Provides quality patient-centered neurodiagnostic testing
- Assists in training and assessment of END technologists in neurodiagnostic procedures and techniques
- Documents information in patient medical record and assists with patient billing process
- Informs manager or designee of all patient/personal injury or unsafe situations, anticipated problems and unusual situations; completes appropriate related documentation according to departmental and hospital guidelines
- Works with departmental staff and other health care professionals by volunteering regularly to help others when time allows
- Communicates effectively with patient/family, department staff, physicians and other health care professionals to promote quality patient care
- Follows institutional and departmental guidelines related to patient, employee and departmental confidentiality
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 2 years of experience in Electroneurodiagnostic Technology inclusive of clinical rotations
- REEGT - Reg Electroencephalogra Tech
- REPT - Reg Evoked Potentials Tech
- RPSGT - Reg Polysomnographic Technolog
- CLTM - Cert Exam Long Term Monitoring
- CNIM - Cert Neurophy Intraop Monitor
- Ensures electrode application in adherence with the International 10–20 System;
- Knowledgeable in the correct performance of neurodiagnoistic studies, Recognition of clinically significant events and follows facility policy and procedures.
- The ability to independently demonstrate skill in one of the following areas: EEG, EEG Video Monitoring, EP, IONM or PSG.
- Demonstrated ability to operate neurodiagnostic equipment, video monitoring equipment.