Senior Electronic Firmware Engineer
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : CT - New Haven
Id : 40678
We are looking for a SR. Electronics Firmware Engineer, someone who will provide on-site programming, technical support, project management, and user training for lighting and controls equipment. The ideal candidate has technical proficiency, a passion for cutting edge technology, a customer focus, a focus on results, and has excellent communication skills.
Think you're the right fit? Keep reading….Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better with Bullet PointsJob Duties & Responsibilities
Why you're right for the job: You like playing with lighting and being a mentor.
Keep walking if: You're not the Yoda of both firmware and hardware knowledge.
Nerd Alert: Can you explain what Sprint, Scrum and Test-Driven development is?
How to tell you're kicking #$# after 90 days: You've delved into developing new electrical or firmware products.
It will go better if: You're a self-starter with the ability to take direction and run with it.
Skills & Qualifications
- Participate in cross functional design reviews
- Lead projects and mentor junior engineers
- Promote best practices and continuous improvement through proper documentation
- Develop embedded firmware for lighting control systems
- Providing technical support for marketing, customer service, manufacturing and product development
- Factory and field support of issues that arise at customer and manufacturing locations
Bonus Skills: We'll Take'em If You've Got'em
- 7+ years of experience, embedded firmware and hardware development
- Proficient in embedded firmware development; specifically, with C or C++
- Experience in electronic hardware development
- Good knowledge of circuit analysis, schematic capture, troubleshooting and design
- Familiar with Agile methods including Sprint, scrum and test-driven development
- Prefer a solid working knowledge of current electrical codes and standards
- Nice if you have experience with lighting or lighting controls and electronic manufacturing