Senior Mechanical Component Engineer
Category : Manufacturing
Location/City : FL - Plantation
Id : 38816
We are seeking a Senior Component Engineer (Mechanical) to join our team. As the lead Component Engineer you will support the overall supplier and component readiness for innovative programs of critical new and challenging mechanical parts.Four Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Better With Bullet Points Job Duties & Responsibilities
Why you're right for this job : You have experience in both design and manufacturing.
Keep walking if: You don't have past experience in supporting NPI components in a manufacturing setting.
Fringe benefit: You will approximately travel internationally 20% international of the time.
Nerd Alert: You have a background in plastics, molding, and mechanical design.
Skills & Qualifications
- You will work closely with the supply base to resolve development, quality, and technical issues
- Enable the successful launch of new products
- Meet organization goals of "on volume, on-quality and on-time"
- Experience in both design and manufacturing
- Experience in consumer electronics
- International supplier base experience
- Experience on working with suppliers and bring technically challenging components to production in the consumer electronics industry
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field required
- MS Preferred
- 10 years or more of applicable experience managing/designing mechanical components
- Experience working with suppliers in the consumer electronics industry bringing technically challenging components into production
- Background in mechanical design, casting, stamping, molding, electro-mechanical parts, tool design
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Detail Oriented and Collaborative