Senior Security Analyst
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : TX - Dallas
Id : 41764
You're the 2016 Pokémon world champion. You've got the gold plated 3' tall trophy to prove it. You achieved your greatness because you possess a keen eye for detail and the ability to pick up on things others often miss.
In your new role as a Senior Security Analyst you will review global security logs and monitor data to provide our client with advanced analysis and relative trend reports. You will make recommendations for policies, standards, and procedures based on your expert analysis to increase system efficiency.
Sound easy enough? Keep Reading!5 Things You Can't Google About This Role
For Those of You Who Can't Live without the Bullet ListJob Duties & Responsibilities
Keep walking if: You're not a team player. While most of your days you'll be working independently, we're looking for an all-star that also thrives in a team environment.
You'll fit in if: You can perform activities related to threat and vulnerability response
Fringe benefit: You'll get to investigate security events to determine risk and exposure
Why you want this job: Because you're the best and want to be associated with the best. It's just basic high school politics.
Skills & Requirements
- Uses a sophisticated cadre of security tools to evaluate research and constantly improve on the alerting and reporting functions
- Liaisons with the Information Security, Operations, Applications and Infrastructure Teams to maintain a stable environment by confirming integrity and confidentiality.
- Collaborates with technical operations, software development and service desk teams to assure compliance with information security policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Identifies emerging vulnerabilities and evaluates associated risks and threats.
- Writes, assists, reviews, and make recommendations for Policies, Standards, and Procedures enhancements.
- Advises the business with suggested improvements based on research and analysis of the current environment and projected threats.
- Makes process and system improvement recommendations via analyzed report results that ensure Security platform integrity.
- Relevant industry and/or vendor certifications.
- Familiarity with popular, current security appliances, technologies, and hardware.
- Moderate to expert knowledge of data mining
- Minimum four years in increasingly senior role in Security Administration, Information Security
- Risk Management, Security Engineering, Security Assurance, or similar areas in a corporate environment.
- Nice if you've had recent experience in a similar role with a company in the Financial services industry.
- Some experience with various industry, federal, and state regulations such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, Sarbanes-Oxley, and GLBA.