Category : Information Technology
Location/City : GA - Atlanta
Id : 29993
We're searching for a Senior Systems Security Engineer on behalf of a client - someone who has a great mix of experience with Hosted security (IDS/IPS) and Firewall administration . In this position, you'll design, develop, implement and maintain security solutions with direction from other teams throughout the company. You'll also collaborate with and provide leadership to other engineering and operations partners to maintain security solutions. The ability to provide security hardening is key with this position. Think you have what it takes? 5 Things You Can't Google About This Gig
Because legal said we had to include bullet points to call this a job description Job Duties & Responsibilities
Why you want this job: You have a strong background in IT with a passion for improving and maintaining security solutions.
Keep walking if: You don't have deep understanding of Network and Host - based IDS/IPS.
Motivational song to live by: Security by Otis Redding. Learn it. Love it. Sing it in the shower.
It's not always puppies and rainbows: Developing Security Solutions for 1,000+ end users isn't always pleasant per se, but you'll take pride in knowing you're perfect for the job.
We travel in packs: In this position, you'll be working with a variety of departments, teams, and internal customers.
Skills & Qualifications
- Design, develop, implement and maintain security solutions with guidance from Architecture, Compliance, Security Operations, and other teams
- Collaborate with and provide leadership to other engineering and operations partners within BTS to maintain security solutions
- Analyze and troubleshoot technical security challenges related to security solutions
- Analyze the results of quality review from other staff and make recommendations to address gaps in the current solutions and/or to improve overall security
- Automate maintenance, tuning and monitoring tasks using languages or techniques such as bash, Powershell, SQL, regex, Perl, VBScript
- Understand how the implementation of security solutions supports the technology blueprint and information security vision
- Develop and maintain security technology design and operations documentation
- Assist with evaluation and pilot deployment of new security products and features
- Interface with internal customers to understand requirements and to lead cross-functional teams that will develop security solutions
- Continue self-development of knowledge, skills and abilities to better support execution of the Security Engineering group
- Continue to grow a personal support network by developing and building relationships throughout all of Information Security and Information Technology teams
- Develop effective leadership and teamwork skills
- Assist in the department's recruiting and hiring efforts
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, information security, or information systems
- Preferred certifications include: CISSP, CISA, RHCE, MCSE
- Expert level engineering expertise with multiple security technology solute
- 10+ years of information security experience with minimum 5+ years of design, implementation and troubleshooting host-based security, data monitoring, and other data protection solutions
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, with strong knowledge of Linux or Windows
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to work within globally dispersed, cross-functional teams to maintain host-based security technologies
- 3+ years demonstrated hands on design and implementation experience in at least two of the following: Host configuration monitoring and management technologies (i.e. Tripwire, Symantec CCS); Host-based Data Loss
- Prevention technologies (i.e. RSA DLP, Symantec DLP, etc.); Log management, event monitoring and reporting; or Database monitoring tools (i.e. Guardium, SecureSphere)
engineering, computer science, information security, CISSP, CISA, RHCE, MCSE, Bit9, Carbon Black, Database Monitoring, Event Monitoring, Security Technology Solutions, Endpoint Security, Computer Security, Application Security, Whitelisting, Enterprise Software, Information Security Management, IPS, IDS, Enterprise Architecture, Web Application Security, Internet Security, Vulnerability Management, Identity Management, Malware Analysis, Penetration Testing, DLP, IT Security Assessments, Intrusion Detection, Firewalls, Vulnerability Assessment, Security Audits, Encryption, Data Security