Senior Technical Architect/Senior Sales Engineer
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : CA - San Francisco
Id : 35693
The Senior Technical Architect/Senior Sales Engineer is an individual contributor, whose focus is on
providing global pre-sales technical leadership and support in the identification, creation, and integration of solutions and strategies within the mobile messaging arena. They work with Sales to identify opportunities, providing technical support throughout the sales process, focusing on sales closures. They present to customers on technical aspects and commercial terms for a broad range of Company products.
They work with Development, Technology, and Proposal teams to respond to RFXs as needed. They liaise with product managers to provide feedback and input into business requirements for future products and releases, enhancements, or customized solutions. As operational issues arise, they will bring them to the attention of Customer Support and Operations. They work with Product Management and R&D, and consult with customers, to identify customer needs and product gaps in the Company's existing portfolio.Some of what you'll be doing:
Desired Skills & Experience
- Provide technical pre-sales subject matter expertise and sales support to global account teams
throughout all stages of the sales cycle for multiple solution areas
- Develop and present to customers technical system solutions and associated sales proposals
- Act as the principal liaison on behalf of Sales with other parts of the organization regarding technical solutions associated with opportunities in multiple solution areas
- Lead in closing complex technical sales in multiple solution areas.
- Provide frontline technical expertise in sales presentations, product demonstrations and system
- Lead all new architecture designs for new solutions at large enterprise accounts
- Define market requirements to Product teams, influencing product investment plans and roadmaps.
- Working with Product Management, drive customer requirements and product enhancements to execution within Syniverse Products
- Stay current with ongoing customer competitive analyses and market studies.
- Creates Detailed Technical Plans/SOW (Statement of Work) describing the Solutions sold to a customer for execution by the Operations teams
- Prepare and deliver demos and presentations for multiple assigned product/subject areas at industry meetings, user groups and trade shows.
- Participate in product teams and R&D efforts involving multiple solution areas to provide input
concerning customer needs, market information and competitive insight.
It is important that the candidate have a solid understanding of mobile technology, mobile messaging,
Cloud Services and SaaS with the soft skills to build solid working relationships with large and medium-sized Enterprise customers. Additional experience with CRM integration, BI and analytics experience would
- Sales or sales support experience within a mobile provider/enterprise environment is a must have.
- Strong understanding of the mobile ecosystem is required.
- Typically 5+ years of general business experience including:
- Developing and managing product portfolios; and/or
- Experience in a technical software development or testing environment
- Ability to travel 50% domestically