Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : AL - Birmingham
Id : 37338
We are on the hunt for a Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst to provide proactive and reactive end-to-end threat intelligence services to help protect external facing and internal based computing assets, data, customers and brand reputation as well as help develop, implement and support key, high profile cyber security related activities and projects, including oversight, support and ongoing development of enterprise incident management and education and awareness programs.
Think you fit the bill? Keep Reading… Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won't Tell You
Because Life is Just Better With a Bulleted ListJob Duties & Responsibilities
The buck stops with you: You will be the lead in the ongoing operational development and execution of an Enterprise Incident Management Program and Cyber Security Education.
Google this before you apply: CSIRT development and maintenance, bonus points if you already know what it entails.
Keep your eye on: Your relationships with related vendors which provide informational sources for risks, threats and controls.
Keep walking if: You are uncomfortable creating and delivering professional presentations to Senior Leadership.
Build your street cred by: Providing security consulting and project management services on complex issues related to data access, integrity, confidentiality and business continuity.
Skills & Requirements
- Provide cyber threat intelligence thru the monitoring, assessment and communication of events presenting a risk to Regions
- Provide cyber risk and threat identification by proactively and continuously monitoring the internal and external landscape for relevant events, risks and threats related to malicious code, vulnerabilities and attacks
- Provide enterprise threat analysis (assessment) by reviewing Regions potential and current threats based upon a defined and repeatable threat and vulnerability analysis methodology
- Provide actionable intelligence for enterprise risk reduction and remediation by partnering with key groups in identifying and driving risk remediation approaches to current and emerging threats
- Provide enterprise risk and threat communication efforts to key groups and the enterprise regarding potential threats and remediation efforts - including the ability to develop write-ups that provide effective analysis and actionable intelligence based on relevant security events
- Provide rotating 24x7 On-Call Support Coverage
- Provide 3rd Level Incident Response by providing escalation services to key support areas in the evaluation of potential threats, security investigations, remediation efforts and related tool sets, including CSIRT (Computer Security Incident Response Team) participation as needed
- Provide leadership in the ongoing operational development and execution of an enterprise Incident Management Program, including creation of and support running Cyber Exercises and/or Tabletops
- Provide leadership in the ongoing operational development and execution of an enterprise Cyber Security Education and Awareness Program, including responsibility for the development of enhanced anti-phishing testing and training methodologies
- Develop and maintain relationships with key support areas, platform owners and LOB's to provide ongoing input for accurate risk assessment, helping identify security risks in applications and provide guidance in the implementing of appropriate data security procedures and products
- Develop and deliver information security presentations (brown bags, formal) to internal Support Teams, LOB's and Leadership around relevant and timely information security topics of interest
- Partner with internal corporate communications and policy Support Teams to develop ongoing articles for education and awareness as well as incident response
- Ownership of threat intelligence monitoring tool services, product contracts and relationships
- Ownership of and contribution to the development and maintenance of operational documentation and procedures
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 year's general experience in the Information Security field
- 1 year experience directly related to development and support of one or more of the following areas:
- Cyber threat intelligence services, providing threat monitoring, assessment and communication of potential and current information security risk and threats (preferable in the financial services industry
- Cyber security education and awareness, with a focus on social engineering campaigns, course development and training
- Cyber incident management, with knowledge of CSIRT development and maintenance, Cyber Exercise and/or Tabletop creation
- Experience developing and providing effective and professional presentations to all levels (including Senior Leadership)
- Experience in planning and leading enterprise scale projects