Category : Information Technology
Location/City : TX - Plano
Id : 38015
Are you a tech savvy builder – someone with a mind for creating exciting programs that hit UI and UX needs? If so, you might be just the person we're looking for! We're seeking a Senior Developer to join our team. In this role, you'll work on cool projects like building next generation POS systems for some of the biggest casual dining and quick service restaurants in the U.S.
Think you can hang? Keep reading…Five Things The Suits Won't Tell You
Our Lawyer Said We Had to Include Bullet Points In Order to Call This a Job PostingJob Duties & Responsibilities
How to tell you're kicking @## after 90 days: Not only are you putting your tech knowledge to use to bring your projects to a win, you're contributing to overall team projects and serving as a knowledge powerhouse for your team members.
Interesting fringe benefit: Working in a new office with an open floor plan, fresh design, and even a lounge room where you can take a break and play some video games.
How to get voted off the island: Being a lone-wolf. We need someone who is a team player and can communicate with multiple teams in different regions.
Water cooler one liners: Work hard to play hard.
A little bit about the company: We've mastered the balance of having a startup culture while rocking the stability of a Fortune 1000 company.
Skills & Qualifications
- Builds quick concept prototypes, programs for capabilities using client side technologies, and frameworks that offer cross platform compatibility/support
- Responsible for components of complex front-end engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities
- Assists in development of REST services while coordinating with multiple teams for achieving a robust subsystem design and integration of the total system
- Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor
- Will be working with teams that are distributed across multiple regions
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 6-8 years of experience in software development required
- Likes to innovate and invent, but always with a clear goal
- Performs other duties as required or requested
- Contributes to the positive team efforts of the office, the department, and the company
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive data (employee, company, and customer) without exception
- Strong understanding of responsive design and mobile-first strategies, utilizing tools such as Bootstrap
- Very familiar with GitHub and continuous development
- Experience building UI for multiple projects simultaneously
- Expert UX and usability knowledge, combined with Advanced UI development skills/expertise
- Advanced knowledge of web standards, accessibility and usability
- Expert knowledge of React best practices and building custom widgets and libraries
- Suggests better/more efficient ways of performing day-to-day tasks
- Experience with UML/CASE, MongoDB is a plus
- Digital portfolio demonstrating creative ability, user interface design, and web development is a plus