Sr Business Analyst (Technical)
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : GA - Atlanta
Id : 34944
We are seeking a Senior Business Analyst - someone who is ready to support a BA/PM type position. The focus of the Business Analyst's effort will be identifying, gathering and documenting solution requirements (traditional and agile) that meet customer needs for various Products/Initiatives. Skills required for success are having senior level Business Analyst and good Project Management capabilities.Think you've got what it takes? Keep reading…With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
And Now for the MundaneJob Duties & Responsibilities
Why you want this job: You've got a knack for keeping multiple sets of requirements at 9 different sites, clean and clear.
Keep walking if: You don't play nice with others and don't know what SAML and ADFS are.
What you'll want to change your license plate to: TEK-BA
Skills to show off during the interview: Knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP, ID Mgmt. .
Wisdom to live by: Make it work.
Skills & Qualifications
- Has the ability to identify business needs and determine solutions to business problems
- Able to work hand-in-hand with the assigned Product Manager on all enhancement requests associated with assigned product
- Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs in the following business areas: reporting, invoicing, boarding, order entry, and host access
- Works as a liaison among multiple stakeholders and/or subject matter experts in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems
- Leadership ability to shepherd requirements from ideation through Production, including matrix managing QA and Development resources throughout the SDLC process
- Responsible for publishing, reviewing and getting approval on User Stories, Requirement documents and release notes
- Responsible for coordinating UAT activities with internal and external users
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs
- Analyzes technical specifications to generate functional requirements
- Conduct industry/product research and analysis with little or no oversight
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Analysis, Information Management, or a related area of specialization required
- 3-5 years of field experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Analysis, Information Management, or a related area of specialization required
- Understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, validation, and management practices, and the ability to apply them in the context of a given project required
- An understanding of how to practice requirements engineering according to the specific software development life cycle approach practiced in a given environment required
- An understanding of project management concepts and how business processes and information systems are developed required
- Familiarity with requirements of engineering systems (such as Quality Center) is a plus
- Payment processing business or application domain knowledge is a plus
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Familiar with programming languages and web environments such as: .net, VB.net, ASP, XML, C#, J#, SOAP, OCX, VB6, etc. preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Access, Word, Azure, Jira and HP Quality Center required