Sr. DevOps Engineer
Category : Information Technology
Location/City : GA - Atlanta
Id : 37021
MessageGears is the first email marketing solution of its kind. Our team is filled with passionate people who strive to make a difference. If you're a driven person that constantly wants to exceed expectations and appreciates being rewarded with competitive comp and benefits, a relaxed environment and awesome coworkers, come check us out.
We're looking for an experienced AWS DevOps engineer to spearhead our CI/CD efforts. Our new DevOps Engineer must ooze knowledge, creativity and communicate exceptionally well.
You will be responsible for build, support, operation, and maintenance of our production cloud-based messaging services. You will ensure our historical 99.99%+ availability doesn't falter as we grow beyond 10,000 transactions per second and billions of messages per month. Alongside our development and QA teams you will analyze, design, and automate our continuous delivery pipeline for peak efficiency.
The ideal candidate will understand the Product AND the Customer! The candidate will understand the technical issues they face and solution for those issues. The perfect candidate will create and deliver consistent strategies and processes to help establish thought leadership, visibility, and trust with our products and create a sustainable unified customer experience.
"If you're trying to win over a technical audience, you need to communicate with them on a technical level."If you have a hungry, motivated mindset, and an eagerness to be the best in the business. This is what your day to day will look like:
Skills & Qualifications
- Quickly become an expert in the products and features we offer
- Learn in detail the existing infrastructure and application architecture for all components
- Implement, refine, and evolve tools and processes to maintain 5 nines availability for 24×7 cloud-based SaaS solutions
- Provide tools, dashboards, and reports that clearly show current and historical operational status and metrics
- Lead cross-functional teams in triage and resolution of production incidents and anomalies
- Actively contribute to requirements specifications for new and enhanced product features to ensure Operations requirements are captured and satisfied
- Work closely with Java Developers to ensure implemented solutions are robust and scalable
- Seek out and implement solutions for automation of application build, test, deployment, and configuration management.
What's in it for you:
- Minimum 7 years of experience operationally supporting enterprise or commercial applications
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a lead operations role (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Master's (Preferred)
- Outstanding Linux system administration and tuning skills
- Familiarity with multiple virtualizations tools and techniques
- Can quickly diagnose and resolve the most insidious infrastructure issues, then take appropriate actions to prevent a recurrence
- Versatile scripter for administration, operations, and monitoring tasks
- Lead product selection and deployment for operations monitoring, alerting, system dashboard, and reporting tools
- Experienced in holistic design concepts including SOA, loose coupling, message queuing, scalable redundancy, geographically distributed systems, etc.
- Very comfortable and productive with Agile processes
- Competent and active proponent of DevOps principles
- Strong advocate of build, test, deployment, and configuration automation
- Some familiarity deploying and operating applications in AWS including EC2, VPC, IAM, Route 53, ELB, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, S3, Kinesis, RDS/MySQL and Aurora, S3, RedShift, Data Pipeline.
- Own DevOps strategy for fast-growing, disruptive Cloud Messaging Tech firm
- Help create products that will maintain the brand "voice" for MessageGears
- See the impact of your work. You are DevOps for MessageGears
- The goal is to look back and say "I helped build that"
- Newly renovated 10,000 square foot office space Downtown by mid-2017
- Access to beautiful parks, an on-site gym, trendy shops, Marta, free parking and world-class restaurants
- MacBook Pro & 27" Thunderbolt display
- Motorized sit/stand desks
- Company paid health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Casual dress all-day, everyday
- Flexible work hours
- Free covered parking
- Use of company's 4 season tickets to the Atlanta Braves front row
- Fun, fast-paced, professional environment
- Growth stage company with many opportunities for advancement.
EOE - M/F/D/V